Saturday, February 13, 2010

Quotes For Christening Football Quotes?

Football Quotes? - quotes for christening

Sometimes I wonder about these characters in football


"He [Souness] only behind my back against my face." - Craig Bellamy

"If you make a mistake, this is a mistake." - Terry Venables

"If you look at 4-0, you should never 7.1" - Laurie McMenemy lose

"I think that would do our best victory over Germany since the war" - John Motson


Ron Atkinson
"The keeper should have saved, but he did"
"If Glenn Hoddle said one word to his team for the half was the concentration and focus"
"I would not say that David Ginola is the best left side in the Premier League, but there is no better"
"Well, Clive AbuIf the two M's. Movement and positioning "
"Now Manchester United 2-1 are on the whole are in a better position than he started the match at 1-1"

David Beckham
"My parents were there for me, since I 7"
"We will get in any case, Brooklyn christened, but we know that the religion"

12 comments:

the gunners said...

I love them.Here share a little longer for us.
"He pulls out, the Spanish official takes off his captain!
"I do not know the referee, comment, and I do not want to lose the habit of a lifetime for Prat." (Ron Atkinson, 1997).
"Julian is everywhere.It ***** 's as they are eleven ***** on the field."

robspurs... said...

How about this:
Sir Bobby Robson (after the game England-Cameroon World Cup 1990)
Interviewer: "Do you think you underestimate the Cameroonians?
Sir Bobby: "Oh no !.... not be underestimated, but better than we thought they would be.That 's all!"
Jermaine Jenas: "The only way we beat teams is to achieve more goals than them!
Alan Green (commentator on Radio 5 Live) "Ryan Giggs has now come for Manchester United, his left leg!"

José Ferreira said...

Very good! Here in Spain we have a few good quotes:
"My heart has tihng colors: blue and white"
João Pinto (captain of FC Porto, 80)

The goal of the Great Juskoviak. Its advantage is two legs "
"The coach had the defenders set up, to fill the sky,
"Hagi is the bill ... Oh lost one hours, the Kick !........
Oh my God! It is a goal! "
Gabriel Alves (voice, TV)

peter c said...

You win nothing with kids!

bo said...

Kevin Keegan in the France 98 - "I came to Saint-Etienne 10 years ago and that is exactly the same, unless it's completely different"

jamsofth... said...

my favorite of the above is "the best victory over Germany since the war."

What is up with Cantona (in terms of when he said: "When the seagulls, the troll is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea"): "I might say, but where everyone speaks a lot of crap."

duracell... said...

Some crackers there pish too incredible to see how some players and coaches about the commentators.

lone ranger said...

Football commentators. The ball fell on his right leg and the ball landed on the left foot ,---- favorite players from right to left

sufc11 said...

I have the players we need to win if I can buy money for new "
Chris Turner, Peterborough manager, before LC QF, 1992.
I have a lot of my money on alcohol, birds and fast cars. The rest I ate "
George Best
"Very well, tell him he's Pele and reset it to use."
John Lambie, Partick Thistle manager, said that if a striker did not know the shock of who he was.
Now it's 1-1, an exact reversal of the score on Saturday. "
(Radio 5 Live)
"Strangely, in slow-motion playback, the ball seemed to hang in the air longer."
DAVID ACFIELD
"If we play like every week would not be so inconsistent"
Bryan Robson, Man U, 1990.

AC-Milan said...

Well, that's not the smartest group, now are they?

nick s said...

You missed some others,
"Can a word Gordon?" Velocity ", a classic Gordon Strachan

no name said...

lol i love reading quotes from football, so I think everything that I post here

Post a Comment